Faversham Strike Force FC
Faversham Strike Force FC
Helping each player to be the best that they can be

Sunday Mens Team 3 - 2 Blean Sunday

Away | 09 September 2018

Strike Force began their season in winning fashion as they battled to all 3 away points against a tough Blean side. The visitors started brightly in attack passing out from the back through Tom Smith, Max Frawley and Luke Hopkins and moving forward with purpose but unable to forge a clear cut chance. With the uneven pitch playing havoc for both teams it hurt Strike Force first as a pass back to the keeper took a horrible bounce and presented the Blean striker with a chance to score in the empty net. Strike Force bounced back immediately. A foul on the half way line presented a chance to play the ball in to the box on a small pitch and Mark Anderson's ball in was inch perfect for stand in captain Dan Sadler to nod home the equaliser.

As the half drew to a close, the lively Rob Parker came close with a good effort from 12 yards out and at the other end, Tyler Griffiths was quick off his line to prevent Blean from taking the lead. However it was short lived as a corner in was not dealt with and the Blean striker grabbed his second of the game very much against the run of play. With only moments left of the half, Strike Force were level as a ball in caused panic in the home side's defence the loose ball found Parker who was on hand to find the net for his first senior goal. The second half was very much the same as Strike Force continued to dominate possession for large spells but not able to really create the opening they deserved and were in fact thankful to Griffiths who made another sharp save when it looked destined for the net. With 20 minutes left the game took a huge turn as Ashley Bolton was shown a straight red card and put Strike Force down to 10 men. This didn't deter them as they changed their shape and still attacked with purpose as Jake Mills was unlucky to have an effort ruled out for offside but with 7 minutes left, Mills was brought down by the keeper in the box and Anderson made no mistake dispatching the penalty. The visitors held on and claimed the 3 points which was no less than they deserved. Manager Mike Juden was full of praise for his young group saying "Today was our first real tough game as a group and we were good throughout. We were missing a few players too but all the lads stepped up and gave 100%. A big well done to our U18's goalkeeper Tyler Griffiths too. His first senior game didn't start as he'd have liked but was faultless after the goal ,making some. crucial saves when the scores were level which shows the terrific character of the lad."